++IHANW05: Magical Beautiful - "right rock" single (CD)
- 3 songs. 18 minutes
- Made before Magical Beautiful became a full band, this is a (mostly) solo affair. The three songs were initially scheduled to be a part of the LP that became Here Come The Wild Waves, but were left on their own.
- pressed in a run of 1000
- first 30 copies on CDr and released at show w/ Black Moth Super Rainbow in Chicago, IL on 03.29.08. All copies thereafter on real CD with pink/brown face print.
- packaging made of 100% recycled cardboard
- This project was supported (in part) by a CAAP grant from the City Of Chicago Dept. of Cultural Affairs and Illinois Art Council (a state agency).
- Stranded in Stereo said: "The album rattles to life like a loose phono jack and then continues like a living 60 Hz ground hum, vibrating on until you cut the power. They pulsate like little stoned amoeba living inside Morton Subotnick's brain stem. Tracks combine synthesizer bongo effects interspersed with ray-gun noises and echo effects, which is indescribable in its emotional connotation. The last track, for example, is devoid of traditional instruments, consisting entirely of hum, reverb and echo sounds that are entirely clarisonus if still indistinct. What the record lacks is record crackle, a little dirt in the grooves, a yellowed paper sleeve, and a water-stained, 1950s Living Sound jacket. Inside the three tracks there is very little existing to ground the record or to make it material and mortal. It is not laid open the benign indifference of the universe. It stands instead, short in stature, but immune to all of us."
released 29 March 2008
+Tyson Tortsensen - writing; recording; producing; mixing; voice; Casio SK-1; Ensoniq ESQ1; Roland XP60; Roland HS-60; Fender Telecaster; Ibanez hollowbody; Conrad electric bass; Akai MPC1000; Fender Rhodes; piano; melodica; drums & percussion; effects; layout and CD face art
+Nick Broste - percussion; engineering and mixing help
+Sara Coffin - percussion; insert art
+Ted Mcgrath - cover art
+Blue Hawaii - mastering (@ Shape Shoppe)
+Kristin Reger - layout help
all rights reserved
feeds for ,